Climate change is a hot topic in the United States. A new study of U.S. consumers demonstrates that there is a significant opportunity for community-based financial institutions to win business and gain a competitive advantage by competing on a climate-based strategy.
- Key findings from the study include:
- Climate change is the top social challenge facing the United States today
- Americans don’t track their carbon footprint—or take actions to reduce it
- Consumers want to do business with companies that have policies for protecting the climate
- Younger consumers want their banks’ help in managing their climate impact
- Consumers want climate-friendly checking account features